Launched in 2007 as a 150cc commuter sport motorcycle, the Hero Honda Hunk was targeted at the young Indians, which stands true even today. Meant to be used notoriously by youngsters, the Hunk is hardy enough to survive all weather conditions. A bike as reliable and powerful as the Hero Hunk also requires careful maintenance so it can deliver uninterrupted performance, and taking care of the battery is an essential part of it.
Nothing is meant to last forever and that stands true for the motorcycle batteries as well. However, with due maintenance you'll be surprised to know that you can extend the life of your Hero Hunk bike battery considerably. The following tips will not only help you save money but can also help prevent battery breakdowns at untimely situations:
- Get the right battery as replacement - To ascertain durable service life from a replacement battery, one needs to ensure that it is of the right specifications. Try exploring battery options with additional features, but stick to the bike manufacturer's specifications as per size and type.
- Periodically check the bike electricals - A loose connection or residue buildups can cause the battery in your Hero Hunk to drain or prevent the two wheeler from taking a start as expected. Occasional check-ups for the bike electricals are recommended to ensure smooth and long-term performance.
- Disconnect when not in use - The more you ride, the better your battery stays since it remains sufficiently charged. Long breaks do not suit battery life as the charge gets depleted over time. Try disconnecting the battery when you don't intend to use the bike for a considerable period, to preserve charge as much as possible, or take out your Hero Hunk for frequent spins to prevent the battery from dying out.
- Store under moderate temperature - Performance of bike batteries get affected due to temperature fluctuations. While extreme high temperatures can drain batteries considerably faster, bikes need more power to crank, in severely low temperatures which can strain the battery as well. So, whether you're out for daily commute or on a long trip, try to keep your bike under cover or shade to avoid battery breakdowns. For regular storage, a well-ventilated location is recommended.
- Try not to over-accessorize - Unless you absolutely need that extra pair of strong headlights or a set of alarms, try not to use too many bike accessories. This can help conserve battery power in the long run and extend the battery life for your Hero Hunk.
- Buy from a known battery manufacturer - It's always advisable to buy batteries from reputed battery manufacturers at affordable rates, than go for cheaper versions from local companies. Sure, the local batteries can save you money initially, but might not be cost-effective in the long run.
Exide batteries can help you in this regard, as those are available online, at affordable rates and come along with warranty assurances. Manufactured by a reputed battery expert serving the industry for years, the Hero Hunk bike batteries from the brand are designed to deliver more power and have extended service life. With a little periodic attention, cleaning and maintenance, the Exide batteries for Hero Hunk can keep running for years.