Category Name - Battery Care31 Aug 2020
Basic tips to get the most out of your car battery
Car batteries are like the heart of any car. It facilitates normal functioning of the four-wheeler, helping the lights, audio system, AC, heater and other accessories to work as intended. Modern automobiles are equipped with a number of controls and monitors, all of which depend on the car battery. For this reason, battery health and its maintenance is of the utmost importance.
Even if you're cautious and use your car sensibly, batteries drain over time and you will need to replace your car battery eventually. However to ensure long life, you should know how to care for a car battery yourself. Here are some tips that might help you getting the most out of your car battery:
- Always opt for a battery manufactured by a good brand.
- Compare battery options online and select one with the best safety features.
- Check for warranty when buying a new battery to ensure you're covered in case of unforeseen mechanical issues.
- Take your vehicle for regular servicing to ensure all the electricals connecting the battery are in place and there is no sign of leakage or corrosion.
- Don't keep the battery idle for too long. Even if you're not using your car, take it out for a spin in 5-7 days or keep the engine on for at least 5 minutes to avoid a flat battery.
- Replacement batteries should fit the size and specifications required for a car. Check the car manual if you're unsure about which battery to get or seek help from a technician at your nearest service center.
- Ensure you turn off all the lights and electricals every time you get out of the car. This helps in saving power and preserves battery health.
- Park your car under covered spaces as too much heat or fluctuating weather conditions affect the battery lifespan.
For additional instructions, you can always seek help with Exide to know how to care for your car battery.