The Royal Enfield Classic 500 is a true style machine on the road. With a thumbing the electric starter, sprung seat, die-cast headlight casing, this classic motorbike is a showstopper on the road. Like any other motorbike the Royal Enfield Classic 500 bike might need a battery replacement too at some point of time. How would you go about it?
Removal of the old battery and installation of the new needs to be done in a proper manner by experienced hands and in a sequence to avoid any faults. Exide offers a range of bike batteries just right for a Royal Enfield Classic 500 bike and offers easy replacement by trained technicians for the same. For those who would want to replace their Royal Enfield Classic 500 battery on their own, here are some steps to keep in mind:
• Turn the key of your Royal Enfield Classic 500 bike clockwise to remove the cover of the battery.
• Disconnect the negative and positive terminal wires before removing the battery. Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable first followed by the Red positive (+) cable while removing the battery connection.
• The ignition switch must be 'OFF' while installing your new battery
• Put the negative terminal of the battery towards fuel tap and place the new battery.
• Connect the positive (+) terminal (Red wire) first, followed by the negative (-) terminal after cleaning the corrosion around the terminals.
• Place the new battery. Fix the rubber strap
• Put the battery cover back turning the key anti-clockwise, switch on ignition and test whether your Royal Enfield Classic 500 bike is up and running after this battery replacement.
Please note: However easy it may seem, Exide strongly recommends you to use the help of a trained technician to replace the battery of your Royal Enfield Classic 500 bike.
If you buy an Exide Battery for your Royal Enfield Classic 500 motorbike, you can be rest assured that the installation of your new Exide Battery will be taken care of free of cost by our trained technicians. The EXIDE XPLORE (12XL14L-A2) battery is best suited for your Royal Enfield Classic 500. This original VRLA battery is designed to match your bike and comes with a warranty of 48 months.
Buy your Royal Enfield Classic 500 bike battery from your nearest Exide Dealer and enjoy hassle-free installation or replacement of your bike battery by highly experienced and trained technicians. Why hassle to do it yourself when immediate service is in your hands!
Follow the Exide Care Blog