Follow the Exide Care Blog
It's late at night, you decide to head home after a party. You walk down to the parking lot, locate your car and step in to drive back... You insert and turn the key... and then... you get that sinking feeling in your heart... Your car refuses to start!
Finding a mechanic or a jump start car battery service to start your car at the dead of the night or in the middle of nowhere may not only be difficult but impossible too!
So to help you out of such gruelling situations, here are some ways to jump start your car:
Now carry out the following simple steps in sequence:
You should also be aware of some of the common reasons that lead to your car battery draining out. It could be because:
- You left the headlights of your car on by mistake.
- You left the car lights on inside your vehicle.
- There is a problem with the ignition keys.
- Your car battery is phased out or too old.
- Parasitic Drain, i.e., things like your car clock, music system, security alarm etc. that keep on functioning even after you have turned the keys off.
Modern vehicles with electronic management systems should not be jump-started without "protected" jump starter leads. It is necessary to refer to the owner's handbook for jump-starting procedures for such vehicles.
However, if you are still not confident to try out these simple "Do it Yourself" (DIY) procedures to get your car moving again, try calling the Exide BATMOBILE Service at 1800-103-5454 for assistance, and avail your jump start car battery service. The technician would test and tell you if it is your battery that caused your car to come to a stop, or if it some other issue.